A Book or a Digital Story: Which One Is Better in Your Language Learning Process?

Do you prefer to read the story "The Little Red Riding Hood" from a book or do you prefer to watch the video of the story on YouTube? Actually, I would prefer to read it from a book as otherwise I feel like my imagination is restricted. Watching the video of the story shows you the mimics of the characters, the color of the sky, etc., which are the details I want to create in my imagination. However, reading a story and watching a story can both have beneficial effects for a person who is learning a new language. Moreover, details which are shown in the video can increase language learners’ vocabulary and listening comprehension. That is to say, I can learn new words in a meaningful context when I watch a digital story. With technological advancements digital stories have become widespread in second language teaching environments. As a candidate of English language teacher, in the future I can utilize digital stories in digital platforms or create digital stories about a specific topic and theme considering my students’ language learning process. As an assignment for this topic, my friends and I created a video about cyberbullying in Canva and shared it on YouTube. According to language learners’ needs, videos about diverse content can be created to develop their target language skills.
 
Here is my friend Nisanur and Rüveyda's blogs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Are Informational Infographic and Copyright Infringement?

Collaborative Writing

Podcasting As a Language Learning Tool